Unable to Start TomTom Home – TomTom Home is a computer application used to download and install the TomTom device updates on the TomTom device. This application is available for Windows and Mac device for free to download. TomTom Home has made the TomTom Update easy to install.
However, many users have reported that TomTom Home has been showing some error while using it on your computer device. This error can be caused due to many reasons. Here are some troubleshooting steps to remove the issues causing Unable to Start TomTom Home.
Resolve TomTom Home Error: Unable to Start TomTom Home
Close All Application, Restart Computer and Try Again
Most of the issues with Application can easily be solved by simply restarting the device and then trying again. Here are the detailed steps that you can follow:
- Save the data you are working on and close all the applications running on your computer.
- Navigate to the restart button on your screen and click on it.
- Your device will close and start again. Wait until it is ready to use again.
- Once your device is started again, go to TomTom Home and launch.
- If you are still Unable to Start TomTom Home then go to the next method to fix it.
Check The Internet Connection
TomTom Home requires a good internet connection to install TomTom Update. If the internet connection is not good then you will face issues while using the services.
Here are the steps that you can try to ensure that your internet is working properly:
- To check the internet connection, launch a web browser.
- In the search box or URL section, type anything random like “TomTom Update”.
- Hit the enter key and check whether any search results appear or not.
- If you are getting the search results then your internet is working properly.
- Otherwise, you might need to contact your Internet Service Provider to resolve the internet issues.
In case your internet is fine, and the TomTom Home is still not working properly then try the next method to fix the issue. Also, get in touch with the TomTom Support to a technician to assist you.
Uninstall and Reinstall TomTom Home
Finally, when none of the above methods work for you to resolve “Unable to Start TomTom Home”. Then this is your option to make the TomTom Home work again. Uninstall TomTom and Reinstall it on your computer.
Here are the steps that you can follow to remove the TomTom Home:
- On your Windows computer, go to the Control Panel.
- Here click on Uninstall a Program link under the program menu.
- A list of all the installed applications will appear on your screen.
- Navigate to the TomTom Home and right-click on it.
- Choose to Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts to continue.
- Once the TomTom Home is removed then restart your computer.
If the problem persists then get to the TomTom Support and resolve your issues with TomTom Update.
Similar Issues – TomTom Update
- TomTom get started guide
- Resolve TomTom not connecting to windows 10
- Get the TomTom home windows 10
- How to use TomTom USB driver?
- What is TomTom recovery mode?
- TomTom start 25 reset
- Unable to Start TomTom Home
- Step for TomTom frozen screen fix
- Resolve TomTom won’t connect to a computer
- How to get the TomTom home updates?
- TomTom home no device connected
Here is the list of queries related to the “Unable to Start TomTom Home”. If you are also having a similar error with TomTom Home or TomTom Update. Then feel free to get in touch with the TomTom Support. A team of the technician is 24/7 available to assist you with the issues that you are having. #tomtom update